Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Clapotis!

Well, we started our Clapotis knit along tonight and it was a BLAST! There was a whole group of us who started it with all sorts of different yarns and each one will be beautiful. I'm using Lonesome Stone 100% alpaca in the cran brule colorway. The WIP doesn't look like much, and I'm a little apprehensive about dropping the stitches, but I'm going to trust the pattern. ;-)

We're going to meet again in a month to see where everyone is (and just to get together and hang out, too!)

I've been staying out of trouble... The doggie's leg is much better so we've been hiking and just enjoying the warm, wet weather we've been having. The wildflowers are still in bloom, if you can believe that. It's been beautiful! The indian paintbrush is very plentiful on one of our normal hikes. I'm used to marvelling at one flowering paintbrush on a long hike (coming from California), but here I'm treated to fields of red paintbrush flowers just when I'm out walking the dog! I love it!

And before any of you wonder... yes, I still play WoW too much, but that's ok. I'm not going to deny that I have a problem... Addiction is a terrible thing. ;-P My friends Diane and Susan are going to threaten me with an "intervention" if I don't watch out. But, in my defense, I'm admitting I've got a problem and that's the first step. LOL

2 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger sara_jayne said…

    I can't wait to see the Clapotis! I've been eyeing that pattern for a while - and 100% alpaca....sounds wonderful!!!

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger SusieQ said…

    Hi Stephanie:

    The Clapotis looks like a fun project. I want to see it when you finish! Thank you again for your help on the Knitting Help forum regarding the K2,P2 ribbing. Your suggestion helped me solve my problem and now it looks beautiful!

    Thanks again. I'm glad your doggie's leg is better! :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home