Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Surgery....

We are headed right back for surgery next Monday. ARGH! The broken supporting wire needs to come out for one. The other thing that might be happening is that the patella is rubbing on the top of the bone funny. If that's the case, a suture to re-align it might help. Neither procedure is a big deal at all and will require probably only about a week of recovery time with no major setbacks. Poor doggie will be shaved hip to ankle and on his butt (for an epidural) again. The fur on his butt has just finished growing back in!!

Well, at least we can be with him the day of the surgery, right up until he has to be put out for x-rays, and surgery. Then we can be there right after he wakes up. I bet I'll get a whole lot of knitting done next monday! Anyone care to join us?? ;-) They have a good "movie" room at the clinic. haha

Here's to hoping that the wire comes out with no problem and it helps with the limping!!!

By the way, I did take my knitting with me to today's appointment, but no one said anything to me! I don't think Dr. Bauer even noticed!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger sara_jayne said…

    I'll be thinking about you on Monday - I hope they are able to fix everything okay. Poor shaved puppy :(

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Sharon G. said…

    {{{HUGS}}}}
    poor pup....hope everything turns out well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home