Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Geocaching trip

We went our first geocaching trip in a loooooooong time yesterday. It was so much fun! We've decided to make Fridays the "designated" geocaching day.

Here are some pictures:


We went up to Woodland Park and then made our way to Cripple Creek. It was beautiful up there! We only searched for and found 5 geocaches, but it's "not about the numbers". haha (We have friends back in CA that think it IS about the numbers). We've been geocaching since Feb. of 2003 and only have 639 found, but that's ok. We do the caches we like when we feel like it. No use in forcing yourself to do something that's no fun, right?

Anyway, I'd better run, since I wanted to go to an embellishment demo at my LYS.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger sara_jayne said…

    What a cool idea. I think I've seen the geocaching before on a TV show before, but it never occured to me that people really do it. Looks like you had a great time and what beautiful scenery to enjoy!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Sharon G. said…

    We have friends who go geocaching. It looks like so much fun...maybe one of these days we'll tag along with them.
    Your pics are amazing!

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    ACK!! I've been wondering if there are any other knitting geocachers!!! We dropped our first travel bug in April...a knitting themed one...just north of Denver. We've only been at it since December but really, really enjoy it. Except for the micros. Those are awful, and they make me cry. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home