Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Monday, June 19, 2006

Feeling Scared...

I'm turning to my blog for a little comfort tonight... I'm scared because we have an appointment to see our doggie surgeon tomorrow. Our doggie has been intermittently limping more since about week and a half ago. He always has a slight limp but it seems to have gotten worse at times. I called the surgeon and he called me back in a panic thinking something terrible had happened. He is a wonderful caring dr! I told him what was going on and he thinks it may be nothing to be concerned about, but still wants to check him out just to be safe.

As many of you may know, he has a supporting wire in his knee that helped with the initial healing after surgery. That wire broke a long time ago. It's broken in about 3 or 4 pieces and I'm thinking these pieces might be moving around in his knee causing pain, discomfort and some swelling. Taking the wire out is not a "no-brainer" as Dr. Bauer put it, but can be done if it's a problem. If it's the wire that's causing the limping, it's better than other alternatives, so I'm hoping that's all it is!

When Janice from Dr. Bauer's called to confirm the appointment today, she told me to make sure he didn't have any food before the appointment in case Dr. Bauer wanted to do any procedures. Oh that's scary!!!! But I totally trust this dr. and know that he only wants the best for our little furbaby so if he says the wire has to come out or the tendon needs additional repair, then so be it!

Well, I was hoping blogging about this would help me, but I'm not really feeling any better... :-( Maybe I'll just get back to knitting my toe up sock! Diane (from knit group) says to knit when there's anything wrong, so I'll take her advice! ;-) I'm even planning on bringing my sock to the appointment in case I need to calm down.

Well, I'll update after the appointment tomorrow. Think good thoughts for us!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger sara_jayne said…

    Stephanie I really hope everything goes okay with Colorado's appointment - I'll be keeping you in my thought. I'm sure everything will be fine! Let us know how it goes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home