Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Monday, June 26, 2006

Back Home!

We've been back from doggie surgery since mid-afternoon. Surgery was an interesting process.... We originally thought he was going in for a wire removal and maybe a suture or two. He actually had a much more involved surgery. Dr. Bauer found the problem causing the limping, (which is good, don't get me wrong!) but it's going to be about a 4 week recovery period, instead of a 1 week. Blah! However, I can't say enough good things about the Veterninary Specialty Center of Southern Colorado!!!! (yeah, yeah, I know I sound like an ad) They not only take really good care of your pet AND you, they are the kindest people! To our utter shock, we left the clinic without paying a single dime for this last surgery. I can't believe it! I'm going to see if they have a donation program because they really do deserve it.

But, on the plus side, our little monkey is already feeling better. He's been up and playing for a little while now. He's still wobbly from the epidural and he doesn't use the operated leg at all, but it's good to see him cheerful!

Now, hopefully, third time's the charm and he'll be on his way to recovery shortly. We are excited because he gets to go back to his favorite physical therapist, Kim, in two weeks. It'll be great to see her again.

I went out in a monster thunderstorm yesterday to get World of Warcraft (WoW). I think I might be addicted! ;-) Anyone want to join me for a couple quests??

I managed to get a ton of knitting done today while waiting for Colorado to get out of surgery. I'm working on this Lacy Tee and today I finished the back and started the front. I love Saucy Sport! It's "affordable" yarn, but it's fun to work with.

I need to update with some pictures soon. I finished the Shapely Tank recently, but haven't had Luc take a picture of me yet. I'll be finishing up a couple pairs of socks too, so those pictures will also be forthcoming.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Sharon G. said…

    I'm glad the surgery went well - wishing your pup a speedy recovery!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger sara_jayne said…

    I'm so glad Colorado is doing okay today. I do hope that this is the last surgery he'll need. How wonderful thought that you didn't have to pay - AMAZING! My vet's office has let me come in three times after Skeeter's surgery and I've never had to pay for an office visit. It is great to find such a great vet! Give him a scratch for me!!!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous marg said…

    Hi Stephanie!

    Alicia and I hung out on Saturday night and thought of you. :)

    I looks like you met a bunch of knitting friends over there eh? Very cool for you. Hope all is well.

    Tell your household "hi" and best wishes from me.

    -marg

    www.fotki.com/margs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home