Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Friday, May 12, 2006

New projects

I've been spending so much time at my LYS lately! I've spent some time there the last 3 days and I'm going to Sat. knit group. Susan, Mary, or Kate, if you are reading this, you won't kick me out, will you?? Hey, if I didn't have fun, I wouldn't keep coming in, would I? ;-)

I'm still working on my Green Gable summer top but I hope to finish it by the end of the weekend. I know I'll be knitting away during the season finale of Survivor. (Go Cirie, go!) While I was at the LYS, I bought a pattern and yarn to make my grandma a cardigan for her birthday. I got Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, which I love, in Wysteria (a lavendery color)! I want to make her a light sweater she can wear in the summer or fall. But, I need to cast on ASAP, since her b-day is fast approaching on June 18. I can do it! ;-)

My mom called me today with some rather distressing news. Don't worry, nothing's wrong with her, but she's going through an upheaval in her life. Now, I feel bad that her Mother's Day package (see post below) won't be there until Monday or Tuesday. :-( Well, I'm sure that when it gets there, it'll put a smile on her face.

I finally made a new belt for my Starsky cardigan, and it looks good! I'll post an updated picture soon. Too bad the weather is warm now, huh? ;-)

3 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger sara_jayne said…

    Spending time at the LYS is NOT a bad thing!! I'm so glad that you are enjoying spending time there! My mom's birthday is the 18th too and I've yet to cast on anything for her - although I do have everything to make Knit Picks Rick Rack purse and I should be able to fly through that! I'm sure your mom will appreciate the package whenever it gets there. I hope everything is okay with her and she makes it through the upheaval okay.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Susan said…

    We would never kick you out, but next time bring chocolate!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home