Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mother's Day Package!

Yay! I got all 6 of the felted lambs done for my mom! Here's the flock:

They are cute, aren't they? I'm also including a few other things in package for her. This is a modified Booga Bag. I added a knitted on i-cord trip on the top and bottom and I made the straps short. I also felted it down to a tiny size, so it's more like a tiny handbag. I think she'll like it.


This is the entire content of the Mother's Day package! There is a Hermione hat in Lamb's Pride, Fiber Trends felted clogs and a little feather and fan dishcloth in Sugar n Cream.
You think she'll like it? I'm hoping so! She might not get it until Monday, though... I'll go to the UPS store tomorrow and see if they can get it there by Friday for a good rate. If not, then she'll just get it on Monday. :-)

I'm still working on the Green Gable summer top for me and I finally got around to ordering another hank of KnitPicks Sierra in Cranberry to make another belt for my Starsky. If I have enough left over, I'm going to take out the bound off edge on the collar and add a couple more rows. We'll see! Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Mama Bear said…

    What a great package! LOVE the sheep!

     
  • At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Andrea said…

    Unbelievable package for your mom!!!!! You are a great daughter! I should start doing a whole bunch of stuff for her in time for Christmas. Does she like sheep? They are so cute!!!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger sara_jayne said…

    Everything looks wonderful! I'd be happy to recieve that package! I just love those sheep - as I've said so many times! I'm about to start my first Booga bag once I finish the Cozy shawl. I'm looking forward to a quick knit. I like how tiny that bag is - oh the powers of felting.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Joufknister said…

    Oh.....I know I've see those sheep before, but never has it hit me how cute they are!!! Where did you get the pattern? Was it hard? My 27 yr old daughter had a lambie about that size that she sucked her thumb with. Guess what? There is still a little fuzz of his remains that she has on her bedtable!!!! How cute it would be to make her a new lambie.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

    Joufknister, the pattern is not hard, but does require some concentration the first time you do it. It's a Fiber Trends pattern so your LYS may have it. It's also in Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Knitting.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Amber said…

    Everything looks just womderful! The lambs are sooo cute and I love your Booga bag too! I'm sure your mom will be thrilled!

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home