Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Intarsia class and Mystery Knit

Hi Everyone!

I took an intarsia class at my LYS last Saturday. We can either make a bag or a pillow if we take the Fair Isle class next Saturday. I'm going to make a pillow! Here is the finished class project and my first intarsia project. I love it! It's so much fun (once you learn not to fill up the bobbins too much!).
Last Saturday was also Mystery Knit night at the LYS. That was a blast!! This is the purse we made (but didn't know until the very end of the evening, even though we had figured out it was purse since the supply list on the instruction sheet called for handles and lining).

I added lining from my quilting fabric stash because the bag was too droopy otherwise. I love the way it turned out, even though it was my first attempt at lining a purse.

Aside from that, nothing much new is going on. We're just enjoying the nice weather (thunderstorms included). Our washing machine (rented from our apt. management co.) croaked yesterday while I was doing a load of laundry, and upon trying to empty the water from it to determine the problem, we had a bit of a mess! We did manage to clean it up nicely, since it was only soapy water. The maintenance guy came and fixed it today, so we're back up and running, but it was a mess for awhile. Thank goodness we managed to catch the water before it flooded onto the carpet! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger sara_jayne said…

    I've wanted to post for a week on how great the intarsia looks and on how adorable that purse is (the internet has been to slooooooow). Anyway - you are so brave to try the Intarsia method - I'm scared to try it. I'll have to see if my LYS has a class on that. The purse is too cute - how fun to have it be a mystery!

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Mrs. Bear said…

    Love the purse - and the color. I've never done a mystery - where'd the pattern come from?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home