Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Starsky's done (well, almost)



Hey guys! I finished Starsky today! A few things.... The sleeves turned out way too long for me, even though I followed the pattern (23" before armhole shaping). I also ran out of yarn for the belt and belt loops. I scrapped the tube belt and just did a garter stitch belt (and streeeeeeeeeeeeeeetched it out). I managed to have enough for two of the four belt loops. I'm going to order another hank of sierra from Knitpicks when I have some more yarn to order so I can make a better, longer belt and finish the belt loops. But anyway, here's the finished product. I still do like it! And it's quite warm!

I went to another knitting group yesterday at the same LYS (Knitter's Kove). It was a smaller group, but still so much fun! I think I might be taking a "field trip" with those ladies to the Brown Sheep mill in Mitchell, NE. It sounds like fun!

My dog is doing really well. He's only had one more incident of the left knee luxating (and I'm not even sure it was that, since he never did limp). I'm getting a little nervous about him actually getting the splint off, since he'll have no limitations (except for the ones we manage to enforce) any more!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Jen from LYS said…

    The sweater looks great! I love the yarn you used. Glad to hear that Colorado is doing better. Good luck with trying to keep him calm though, I can never get Peatree (my dog) to take it easy!.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Amber said…

    Wow! It came out great!! I love that sweater and it looks great on you!

    Amber (from KH)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home