Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Monday, April 10, 2006

Recipe for Nachos - AKA "The Stuff"

Hey guys! Hope everyone had a great weekend! We didn't do much, but we enjoyed it (as we do everyday)!

For a change, I thought I'd post a simple little "recipe" of mine. It's our favorite "junk food" dinner. The name "the stuff" comes from my mom's boyfriend. I used to make nachos when we lived with my mom and her boyfriend. He used to LOOOOVE my nachos and for some reason called them "the stuff". Anyway, here it is:

1/2 to 3/4 lbs lean ground beef
Pinch of cayenne pepper (to taste)
2-3 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (to taste)
Tostitos Scoops (or any tortilla chip)
Tostitos Queso
Half a 14 oz can of refried beans
2 green onions
1/4 cup black olives
1 small tomato, chopped
1/4 cup white onion, chopped (if desired)
Pace Picante sauce (or other salsa, mild or hot)

Preheat oven to 350. Brown ground beef (if the beef is lean enough, do not drain). Add cayenne, chili powder and garlic salt, mixing well. If beef is too dry, you may add a little bit of water. Line the bottom of an oven-safe dish with the tortilla chips. Layer the beef, refried beans and queso over the chips. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Top with the rest of the ingredients. Bring it over to the coffee table (make sure you put a trivet down!) and enjoy while watching your favorite tv show! ;-)

I'll post some pictures of my recent knitting shortly... I've been working on my mom's felted clogs and they are ready for felting! I'll post before and after pics.

We are definitely enjoying the warmer weather here, even though it can be overcast sometimes. Being from CA, I never really got to see the seasons change, so it's a real treat to see the grass turning green and the leaves starting to appear on the trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home