Musings from the Happily Unemployed

Monday, April 24, 2006

Belated Pictures





Ok, so I took quite a bit longer than I expected to post pictures! But, anyway, here they are! This is a little felted backpack purse I made using a pattern I got from my LYS. It was easy and fun to knit up and I like it! I just wish I could use it now. It's still drying, plus I have to find a button for it too.




I've been working on these really gorgeous socks in Lorna's Laces. They are turning out really nice! I love working with this yarn! I'll definitely be buying more Lorna's Laces in the future. With this pair of socks, I'm doing the regular heel flap which I think I like knitting better, but I like the short row heel looks better.



Last, but definitely, not least, here are my husband's socks! I used this pattern. The ribbing was a pain in the rear to knit, but I'm really happy with the end result and so is Luc. After washing, they are soooo soft.


Tomorrow's the big day! My knitting group is going to the Brown Sheep Mill! I've got my sea-bands and dramamine all ready so I can knit on the bus without getting sick... hopefully.
Posted by Picasa
In doggie news, we started our little guy in physical therapy with Kim Spelts, a wonderful physical therapist! He gets underwater treadmill sessions which he now loves, plus a massage. He's already showing improvement and he only started therapy last Thursday. We have a few exercises to do at home with him, plus longish walks. Overall, he's doing really well, in my opinion. He's pretty stiff and lame when getting up after a nap, but recovers within a couple minutes. He does have a hitch in is gait and a slight limp normally, but based on the improvement he's already showing, we're pretty sure it's only going to get better. Kim was really pleased when she saw him today.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger R2K said…

    : )

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Anonymous catownedanna said…

    I'm glad the dog is getting better! :)

    Have you used your Starsky much? I enjoy knitting mine but want it to be done so I can start using it.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Amber said…

    Oh my gosh, I just LOVE that backpack. Sooo cute! And, the socks look great!

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Knit/Pickin' with Ellen Edwards said…

    SO glad the doggie is on the mend!!! Don't you LOVE LOVE Lorna's Laces by the way?? I wish I could WORK for them so I could maybe get a discount--it's my favorite sock yarn so far!!
    Trudy

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home